JOIN VFW POST 1929
We understand the unique bond you share with other veterans of overseas conflicts because we too, have been there. Since 1899, the VFW has been the nation’s leading veterans service organization in the fight to better the lives of all those who’ve worn the uniform of the United States military. No matter which conflict called you to service, we invite you to join us. Stand strong with the other 1.4 million members of the VFW as together, we continue to fight for all that’s good FOR VETERANS.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Camaraderie and access to the vast network of resources that comes with being part of the nation’s largest group of combat veterans.
- Assistance securing the benefits and compensation you’ve earned.
- Discounts on numerous insurance, travel services, health care plans, computers and more.
- Become an annual member of the VFW for only $45 per year.
- Make a one-time payment to become a Life Member of the VFW, or take advantage of our 12-month installment plan
There are three primary requisites for membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States:
Click here for more information
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.
- Honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Service entitling the applicant to the award of a recognized campaign medal or as set forth in the Congressional Charter and By-Laws and Manual of Procedure for the VFW.
- Received a campaign medal for overseas service.
- Served 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea.
- Received hostile fire or imminent danger pay
- Proof of service to establish eligibility for membership rests with the applicant. Copy of your Form DD-214 ("Report of Separation" also known as "Release from Active Duty") is required.
- The application and Form DD-214 must be verified by The VFW Post Quartermaster.
Download the VFW Membership Application Here
Send completed application to:
VFW Post 1929 Quartermaster
P.O. Box 29
Petaluma, Ca 94953-0029